'C' Run Sunday 10th September.

ChrisKENT

Enjoyed the day . Coffee 1 almond croissant and Portugese tart . Oh ! plus good company . Bit cold must have been the speed we were going forcing the air through .

View of the peloton even in the neutral stage was fleeting . Waved at Cav but he was preoccupied so didn't see me.

Well it was like this:-

Barry, Ivor, Richard, wrong location but right time Tim met @ Tardebigge as arranged without the expected support of Leigh "Fidgetyfingers" & Sean "Can't get his butt off his (or other person(s) for that matter) mattresses Barker.

We pressed on believing time to be of the essence into what felt like a nagging constant South Westerly.

Ivor departed:-turning for Droitwich & home ? on a non-stopper @ Grafton Flyford.

This left yours truly on the front with Barry ("half-bike" ? Lucas) to battle on to Pershore where Tim (much too fit for us) pressed on for Defford to meet-up with his other far-too-fit mates!

Well we nearly lost Richard (small-tanks &/or leaky washers) KENT as he sought suitable watering holes around the Abbey!

We then settled on a suitable location in the town on the square just down from the old Cafe' to view the cavalcade amongst several hundred other spectators!

How pleased was I that I'd donned a  gortex outer top, anticipating the rain that never actually reached us, as it was distinctly chilly & Autumnal for our 45 minutes wait. 

Well the swift passage of 100 elite pro's together with the preceeding & following entourage was in my opinion worth the wait (almost approaching the classical continental spectacle)

With the aid of 21st Century communications & Sean under (the bed) cover BARKER's phone a meet @ Coffee 1 was arranged:- where warmth, good company, food ? drink & conversation restored the inner man!

GOOD DAY, GREAT COMPANY AND SPECTACLE:- WISH YOU COULD'VE BEEN THERE !!!!!!

What Chris failed to mention was the fact that the Saracens from Birmingham received a mention from the guy on the PI system when we rode into the square at Pershore. Another great day on the bike with the C's as usual, but Bl---y cold waiting for the race to pass. Never before has tea tasted so good

Archived