C run 13th August

TonyS

Well that were another grand day out :biggrin:

Biggest gathering for weeks with several groups all arriving at cafe within ten minutes of each other. Sean took the register so I'll leave him to post the list. 

We left the cafe in two groups but it became a tale of hare and tortoise as only two or three miles into the return journey Sean's rear tyre exploded. Or, to be more precise, disintegrated, and the other group passed us.

We should have taken a photo of the tyre as it was a sight to behold, but it would be too embarrassing for Sean's reputation as an independent world traveller. Suffice to say that one of Ivor's patent milk carton tyre boots was pressed into service and a lot of tut-tutting was directed at Sean. 

Being the merry and caring band that we are :rolleyes: we stayed as a group until Sean was safe and the rest of us were close to home. 

Thank you all for a very pleasant and amusing day out. 

There certainly was a lot of tut-tutting and disapproving looks at my tyre but I for one thought it looked great. That sexy see-through look and that erotic off the rim cut did it for me.

Although on a more serious note a big thanks to everyone for taking care of me in my hour of need, particularly Ivor who because of my tennis elbow took complete charge of the on road reparations and saw me along with the rest of the crew to Droitwich where Dave sorted me out with a safe tyre to make my way home. I got home just before 5:00 with just shy of 80 miles on the clock.

We certainly made our presence felt at the café as we turned up in numbers.

The following fifteen of us enjoyed the café stop.

Dave Jones

Chris Kent

Pete Cooper

Pete Callow

Sean Barker

Dave Mitchel

Ivor Myttion

Barry Lucas

Chris Philpot

Alan Philpot

Mandy Mitchel

Debbie Stock

Tony Shardlow

Leigh Fracture

Ruth Sexton

Well what a day.

Sean riding on a lace curtain instead of a tyre

then expecting us to listen atrocious jokes.

Fitchittle threatening to ride home.

However we prevailed the weather was good

and all lousy jokes will be posted inGeneral Chat ( Points will be awarded).

Alas poor Sean!  I knew him, Ivor, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy. He hath ridden behind my back (and in front) a thousand times, and now how abhorr'd in my imagination it is! My pump is ready for him. 

(with apologies to Will Shake) 

16 hours ago, TonyS said:

Alas poor Sean!  I knew him, Ivor, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy. He hath ridden behind my back (and in front) a thousand times, and now how abhorr'd in my imagination it is! My pump is ready for him. 

(with apologies to Will Shake) 

Brilliant :lol2

Archived