Kev Update

Speedy Kev

Hi Saracens

I just wanted to post a quick update about recent disappearance...I think I already mentioned about a lack of early season form, I had a string of DNSs, DNFs, last but ones etc, so my cycling has fallen off a cliff, thats for sure, and at one point struggling even to ride to work in double figures, I'm not joking!!!

So something had to give,  therefore my job and my cycling (my actual life!!!) is all in the process of change...

Starting July 1st, Kev has a new job!! Good bye Speeds, hello Bromsgrove Body Shop, thats cars not people!! I've been in the bike trade on and off for the last twenty plus years, starting with Ernie Clements in a tin shack in Ledbury...so it's the right time for a change for me...

As far as the bike goes, I'm taking the rest of this year off the bike, (apart from the commute) so I can can get my head around the new job, (and the new me)

in my head I wanted to be a brilliant tester, but the truth is, I'm not, and riding to finish last is no fun, trust me, I've  done it, and I have had a 4th cat license, but that didnt go too well either, such highlights include leading the peloton down the wrong road, knocking my own teammate into a hedge, getting dropped in the neutral zone, etc... I did win the prime over Hollybush ( the actual prime was on The Camp!! oh well...)

So, I'm not going to make any plans, and just go with the flow next year , time will tell!!!

see ya around

Kev.

Kevin, I'm glad to hear have a new job to go to, I'm sure you will make a success of it, it's always exciting,if a bit worrying to start something new, best of luck for that.

As for the racing, I do know what it's like to come last but one etc, been there done that, it is depressing. However there is more to cycling than racing, you know you've always been one of the stronger riders in the club.

So I think you're doing the right thing taking a bit of time off the bike, but still riding to work. So stick at it, and I hope to see you back on the club runs very soon, you know you have a lot of friends in the club. 

John. ?

Kevin many thanks for your above update and all the very best for your new venture which I'm sure you will be successful in!

I do hope that this significant change and new challenge will reinvigorate you.

What is for certain is that you are missed by me personally & all my regular 'C'-Run partners.

If you ever feel like a steady Sunday potter & chat please come & join us.

Hope to see you sometime soon!

Kevin Thanks for all your help at Speeds you will be a massive loss to the shop . I will miss your kind and friendly help . As for cycling well you'll get back and I hope enjoy it again.

Sure you will succeed in your new job. All the best .

Leigh

• 2 weeks later...

Archived