CLUB RUNS on SUNDAY 28th MAY.

Mick Hazlewood

The Saracen committee have discussed having a Summer Social event with clubs runs meeting and leaving my house in Fairfield and then returning for Food and Drinks at my house in the afternoon.      All Saracens are welcome both riding and non riding members where they can enjoy catching up with each other at a non formal occasion.  There can be 3/4 runs which will cater for all levels of fitness with a distance of between 20 - 60 miles approx.  Hopefully this will be well supported and any help with the food preparations appreciated.  Hopefully the weather will be kind for us but there will be plenty of uncover shelter as I will erect a small a marque in the garden.

Mike H                               

• 3 weeks later...

Update for Club runs on Sunday 28th May.

Well It looks as though we will be blessed with good weather this weekend which will make for a change.

We are still aiming for everyone to meet at 9.30 - 9.45 and be leaving for 10 ish.   Having spoken to a number of riding members who are coming I think there will be 3 groups covering various distances ranging from approx 25 to 50 miles.. Kevin Young has sorted a route out for A/B group which will cover around 50 miles.

Food back at base will probably be served/available from 1.00 o'clock onwards and anyone  who wishes to bring along food that I have not spoken to, sweets would be welcome. Parking is available on Bournheath Rd which is a very very short walk to my house.

Mick H.

After making a complete numpty of myself in previous post I will just like to thank Julie & Mike particularly for hosting our marvellous get together today so ably assisted by Hilary & Barbara.

Also thanks to our leader EL CAPITANO MYTTION, Brian, Barry & Leigh for their riding company!!

GREAT RIDE, DAY, VENUE & COMPANY!!!

WE ARE SO LUCKY ? TO HAVE THE HEALTH & FITNESS TO BE ABLE TO ENJOY SUCH!!!!!!!

I may have arrived late but it was lovely to see so many friendly faces, certainly lifted my spirits

Thank you so much to Mick and his team of helpers who made it such a lovely event.

Also having been a little on the tardy side I didn’t manage to take note of all today’s riders for the club points. So I’ll make a list of who I know rode to the event, could you please let me know who I’ve missed in here?

Ivor Myttion

Chris Kent

Leigh Fudgecake

Sean Barker

Kevin Rodgers

Bev Abbots

Moira Blackburn

Ken Haddon

Pat Haddon

Brian Brookes

Kevin Young

Eddie Smith

Chris Pardoe

John Shelley

Please let me know who I've missed 

What a lovely day

Thankyou all for your company.

A special thank you to the ladies for their hard work and excellent food and drink.

Most of all special thanks to the man himself ,Mike,well done,for the use of your home and garden etc.

THANKS!!!

Ivor

Archived