'C'-RUN:- SUNDAY 29th January 2017.

ChrisKENT

Well it was like this:-

Sean had woke feeling somewhat under the weather, no one else turned up so it was left to Leigh & I to carry the flag (slowly & not particularly far).

It was damp & much colder than we had anticipated as we headed to our original destination & the forecast rain ☔️ started several hours earlier than anticipated.

Some common sense came to the fore as I suggested we visit the nearer Whit Lenge garden-centre in the circumstances!

Fortunately Leigh didn't take too much persuasion and even less as we reached Cutnall Green & I suggested Lord Morton's Tea Rooms to ✋ at.

There we enjoyed excellent service (there was nobody else there initially) & were joined by 3 Halesowen members also bemoaning the weather which had continued to deteriorate!

We took the shortest (I was going to say quickest but that would imply that we were going fast) route to Leigh's where more tea was taken on board.

The offer of a lift home was most welcome & accepted after I'd dried out & warmed up!

Many thanks to Leigh & Linda's company, conversation & support in a particularly "dark period".

As we approached home via the dodgey end of Blackwell Road from Burcot we came across the bedraggled sodden Bromsrove run who to their credit were approximately 10 in number.

I hope that our 'B' run ? had an incident-free  outing on what has been a grim day indeed!

And yes TONEY we saw some ice along the way in a number of locations!

Should've  gone to Specsavers . Actually,  good job you didn't go to Whitlenge as they're in middle of refurbishment and not much room  plus limited catering.  

Ken and i walked five miles in light drizzle , that was enough for me!  

Archived