Change of Start time and location for Sunday run

Moira

The 11 that were out on Sunday on the B run had a chat and a vote about putting the meeting time back as it is now winter to 9.45 am . Also to meet at The Forest PH car park as it gives more flexibility with the roads in the winter. We hope that this is okay with everyone else and that the C run will join us too.

I agree with Ivor about the road through Burcot.

A discussion about start point is welcome, After fewer folk met at Rednal and others requested pickup en route, Tardebigge became start point almost by default, even when rides are going westwards.  I understand that Tardebiigge doesn't give much flexibility on outward roads and the lanes can be slippy in the winter. Moving the start place to the Forest might provide some initial flexibility between lanes and main roads, but the reality is that only the A38 will have minimum risk of ice, at the expense of greater risk from traffic. At some point, unless main roads are used for a considerable distance, the run will have to enter lanes or other minor roads where frost and ice are just as likely. Also if the place and time is being changed to allow for darkness or frost, 15 minutes doesn't make that much difference, especially to folk who still have to come from Rubery or Bournville.

I know I'm not a regular Sunday attender these days, but my vote is for C runs to start at 10.00 in winter and, at least until a better start point might be agreed for them, to continue to meet at Tardebigge.

p.s. it's now gone 11.00, it's still below 4C and the frost on my pavement has only just gone!

Archived