B run Sunday 25 September ?

Moira

The B group consisted of 7 of us Me , Bev , Kevin R , Tim , Leigh F , Richard Keyte ( nice to see you out ) and Legs de Grey.

Off we set into a head wind Tim and Kev did a Stirling job on the front we went a different way more by chance turning left by the Vale Golf course then through Fladberry ( sorry Bev that might be spelt wrong please don't get your red pen out ! ) then we started to explore headed towards Broadway did a right through 2 lovely villages sorry can't remember there names but a nice road as it was all slightly downhill as you all know I like the downhills . We came into Pershore from the opposite end . As we got there Bev commented on the big black cloud above us. It was very busy inside but we got a table and stood in the queue. It then started to rain and the Beacon turned up lots of them they looked in saw how busy it was and us standing smugly in the queue sorry we just couldn't help it and off they went elsewhere wet and with no refreshments.

We had a lesson from Legs de Grey on the best coffee to have a regular cappcino with an extra shot and heavy on the chocolate very tasty. Conversation about Sir Bradley and then swimming.

Homeward journey Leigh F set off on his own up the main road and we went expolring again turning left out of the cafe after a slightly wrong turn we found the right road see John  S we do miss you . The penny then dropped with us where we were not far from Defford. Legs De Grey saw the signs for Worcester so off he went.

Half a mile away from home the rain came down so Kev , Bev and I sprinted needless to say Kev left myself and Bev standing.

Did the rest of you get wet ?

Was good to be back out with the club with what turned out to be a pretty perfect ride. 

A good and new route out to Pershore with the sun just saying hello after the first few miles. A nice sized group and a good pace!

Lovely coffee and a natter at Coffee#1, plus waving to the Beacon outside as they decided where else to go in the drizzle, perfect timing. The route back was again new to me and a much preferred route to the standard and shorter route home. As we separated the rain did suddenly appear but didnt last long at all, thanks Tim for the directions! 

Was good to be back out, thanks to everyone for the company! I have my first triathlon this weekend, but hope to be out the following week after my next session on the velodrome! 

Regards

Archived