SARACEN OPEN 10 MILE TIME TRIAL _ HELP REQUIRED

With our open 10 mile time trial fast approaching on Saturday 6th of August we are looking for volunteers to assist as last year with marshalling on the course and also help at the HQ which is again at Broom Village Hall.

The riders are due to Start at 2pm and will finish at approx 4.30pm, so we will need help from 1pm till approx 5pm,   drinks,cake and light snacks will be served at the HQ so anyone who would like to make a cake for us would be again greatly appreciated.

Some people have already volunteered there help but if you can post on the Forum and let me know that would be great.

Many Thanks    Mike Hazlewood.

We have now passed the closing date for our annual open club 10 mile time trial on Saturday August 6th.

My request for helpers on the day for Marshaling duties and help with the refreshments have been met with little response and i am concerned that we will not be able to marshal the course to a safe standard for riders taking part.

I have however had volunteers for all the official duties for time keeping, recorder at finish and pushers off.      Which are as follows, Eddie Smith, Chris Pardoe, Dave Jones, Ivor Mitton, Robert Franks( my trustee finish timekeeper ) and Mavis Smith in charge of catering and also Hilary Pardoe at signing on + Ed Hazlewood.  Even to make the event run smoothly I need at least another 8 to 10 people for Marshaling road traffic islands, looking after the results board and helping Mavis in the kitchen.

I do know a number of you have volunteered in the past to help and if you still can please contact me quickly,  I do understand it is holiday period and you have other things on at the weekends but this is our Saracen club promotion and we do have a much better entry than last year.

I have accepted a few Saracen riders to enter the event and they did so some 3 or 4 weeks away which was acceptable.

Please contact me ASAP if you can help, I would hate to have to cancel the event at this late stage due to lack of support from our own members.

Regards,   Mike Hazlewood.

Mick

Just to confirm I'll be at the hall for 1:00 pm. I intend to cycle down so am happy to share marshalling again at the Salford Priors island. Chris is helping with refreshments and a cake.

Alan

Archived