Mid Shropshire Wheelers Sunday crit no4

Hi all

Today was a wet and muddy race, I thought I entered a crit not a cross race!!!!! I didnt warm up very well as i didnt trust the roller when it was raining and so I rolled around the car park for a bit trying to keep warm. 

Once the race had started I made sure i was always near the front then a few laps into the race I gained a dreaded puncture but i took a lap out and borrowed someons front wheel, which was kind of them (well the commissar just took it and put it in my bike) I rejoined the back of the front group and i didnt feel safe on this wheel that had been pumped up to about 120psi! in the wet!!!!  but i soldiered on and gain more confidence with the front wheel. Lap after lap i got more confident and there were a few crashes. I stayed with the front bunch until the end. The last corner had fractured the group a little bit but I managed to sprint to 7th  overall.

A fun wet and muddy race but it was worth it and another few points on the board.

Many thanks 

Dave C

14mq89y.jpg

Dave's top secret, secret squirrel speed data, ripped without permission from his Garmin!!! ha ha 

Note evidence of puncturing and sprinting!!!

Hypnotic!!

Haha I knew i shouldn't let you see my data Kev. I love the comment though

Archived