LVRC/TLI road racing reports

Tim Farmer riding in A&B races has found it hard, due to ill health and not being able to get excepted in LVRC races on a regular basis.With these set backs he rode a good race in the Percy Stallard series event on the Enville curcuit.

John Poole - I have been plagued with 3 punctures in 6 races so not been a happy bunny!!!! Notable rides, completing the Tour of the Abberleys and 6th place in my Category.

4th place in the TLI National Circuit race Championship's in a class field won by Steve Jolly, Phil Thomas and Jimmy Rutherford.

On Sunday 5th June I rode the Tommy Simpson memorial road race , a Percy Stallard series event.

The race was on a hilly undulating circuit near Stratford on Avon, I jumped across to an early breakaway on the first lap of 6 laps of an 8mile circuit. 6 of us worked hard to stay away gaining 6 minutes on the bunch, the break had Steve Jolly National rr champ, Joey Williams, Simpkiss from Solihull cc and Paul Mason plus another rider. With 2 laps to go Jolly attacked and opened a gap, 2 riders were dropped at this point leaving jolly up the road and 3 of us in contention for 2nd place. With 3 mile to go I crashed on the open road with no other riders involved, I was decending very fast at full throtle , i later found that my cassette/hub had siezed up in some form catapulting me into the air. Ambulance taking me to hospital, and me thinking why do i do this racing game at 60 when i no longer bounce back off the tarmac.I will be off the bike for a few weeks while i recover.

Taking my bad luck with punctures and this crash out of the picture  i am having a good season, with placings in my caorgory in all races and top 6 to 10 placings in the races overall.

Hi John,  sorry to hear about your accident in the Tommy Godwin memorial road race on Sunday mate.  I hope you bounced without doing to much damage to yourself and the bike of course and hope you have a speedy recovery to get back in the bunch for that overdue win you deserve.                                                                                            It great to have an update on your recent events to let us know how you have been getting on and looking forward to hear your back racing soon.

Best Wishes    Mick H.

Archived