Halesowen Friday Night Track League

Hi all

On Wednesday I got accredited to ride the Halesowen Friday Night Track League, so yesterday I went down to race. The first race was an 8-lap scratch with preliminary sprint lap on lap 4. I won the sprint lap, and carried on my attack. I sadly got caught by the bunch on the last corner, so I came fourth. The next race was a 600m sprint, it didn't go so well but its all a learning curve. The race after was an unknown distance race, where I tried to stay near the front of the bunch and sadly I was under-geared so I couldn't stay at the front. I managed to change my rear cog from a 15t to a 14t ready for the 25 lap scratch race. This race got shortened by 5 laps so it became a 20 lap scratch race. There was a few attacks early on in the race and nothing was to come of them, in the 4th lap someone attacked the bunch and they stayed away and were increasing a gap on the bunch. with six laps down I attacked to catch the lone rider. It took me 7 laps to catch him with nobody chasing me, great i thought. Once I caught up to the leader, we worked together creating an 18 second gap between us and the bunch. we stayed away from the bunch and I managed to out sprint my opponent.

All in all a good nights racing, I cant wait for next week!!!!!!!!!

WEll done Dave .Nice to hear someone having a go on the track again .We will try to get there on Friday night Perhaps a few more will give it a go   MAvis and Eddie

That's the plan! We're already discussing getting more of us fixed riders over that way and racing :) Uber proud of you Dave! Well done!!!!

Archived