not so junior

Hi sean,

there was a group of us who hung out and trained / raced togeather,

with steve, there was myself,Phil lock,martin Amor. few years later Mick Raftery.

We all joined around the same time  around 1976/77, so were schoolboys. I was around 13/14 the others a year older.

We went on all the club runs in the winter,weekends away, christmas booze ups ect in the woods with the older lads.

Also raced  full seasons, time trials, road racing ,track.

It was an eventfull  5 or 6 years and great times !

Hi ya I joined around 1975 the Saracen were very pleased to see some juniors arrive on the scene mike edgeworth introduced me to the club,prior to that I was in the Birmingham riding track at Salford park ,,from there the rests history as Ian explains in the other post,, great times great ,,people,made some great friends ,,,ive allways kept some sort of contact with cycling was in the Warwickshire rc,, I marshall every year for Mick Harborne

Last event on a bike was the hell of the north mountain bike that was a few years ago,i keep being asked to ride, go out ride two ups ,lol so maybe a nice winter stacking the miles having fun might just happen

my kind regards to the club and to all who have bought it back up again ,,,there,s far to many to name ...

How did I find the club on here ,,from another junior cyclist friend :))

the only serius thing id like to do in cycling now is ride a 12 hour ,,,,,,,lol

Hi sean,

there was a group of us who hung out and trained / raced togeather,

with steve, there was myself,Phil lock,martin Amor. few years later Mick Raftery.

We all joined around the same time  around 1976/77, so were schoolboys. I was around 13/14 the others a year older.

We went on all the club runs in the winter,weekends away, christmas booze ups ect in the woods with the older lads.

Also raced  full seasons, time trials, road racing ,track.

It was an eventfull  5 or 6 years and great times !

Mr Gemballa you don't have permission to write on another juniors post ,lol  bang on matebe in touch asap

• 1 year later...

Hello all, finally seen the light and re-joined the Saracen if only in cyberspace!

Good to see posts from my old mates Steve Shepherd and Ian Cook.

Interesting to read that Steve wants to ride a 12 hour! Next time I catch up with him I'll remind him of that post.

Great to see Ian again a couple of years back, even if it was at my old work place.

Currently out of the Country but when I get back it will be nice to get the bike dusted off and might even consider pinning a number on again!

Anyway all the best to everyone past and present

Phil Lock

• 1 year later...

Hello all, finally seen the light and re-joined the Saracen if only in cyberspace!

Good to see posts from my old mates Steve Shepherd and Ian Cook.

Interesting to read that Steve wants to ride a 12 hour! Next time I catch up with him I'll remind him of that post.

Great to see Ian again a couple of years back, even if it was at my old work place.

Currently out of the Country but when I get back it will be nice to get the bike dusted off and might even consider pinning a number on again!

Anyway all the best to everyone past and present

Phil Lock

hi Phil, give me a email ok, idccontracts@aol.com.

Archived