Club Run Sunday 20th March

Hannah

So gang... the forecast for this coming Sunday is not as sunny as last Sunday, unfortunately!

BUT - despite the predictions of a colder grey day it does seem that it'll be dry with relatively little wind (according to the MET Office at time of writing!)

Any suggestions/ideas on where we could go?

Cleobury Mortimer it is for the A's via Holt Fleet, Gt Witley, Abberleys and then cut across to Cleobury via Pentax and Clows Top.  Nice cup of Costa at the Cafe and hopefully back via Kinlet and Bewdley.    Well thats the plan if I don't get us lost through the   Forbidden Land.   A nice flat route for a change.   See you at the Cafe Mr Pardoe ?.

A nice sunny spring equinox saw the B run making their way to the Stratford Railway Carriage.

We met at Tardebigge and after drooling over Matt’s stunning new Colnago we were on our way.

As we were sitting in the café we noticed Chris Kent outside encaptivated by Matt’s new Colnago but then again even Matt would have to give way and accept that no one loves Colnago bike more than Kenty.

We were soon joined by Kevin Young who had made his way their independently.

I stayed on a spell longer with Chris as the rest of the group headed off.

Today’s B riders

John Shelley

Ken Haddon

Tony Shardlow

Matt Pickford

Sean Barker

Hannah Smith

Chris Thompson

Alan Philpot

Moira Blackburn

Kevin Young

Anyone got an A run report

PS

Did I mention Matt’s bike?

Five set out from the Forest for Cleobury Mortimer on route Mick H described.

Tim Brueton set out a little earlier to meet up there, only to find he was there a long way ahead

of the main party. After having a breakfast of beans on toast he decided to do a few extra miles

by riding to the top of Clee and back and then have another coffee with the rest back at the cafe if they had arrived.

I rode out via Kiddy, Bewdley then a loop up to Button Bridge before swinging round to Cleobury 

and then joining onto the back of the main party as they entered the cafe, What excellent timing.

Like the Bs a lot of talk was about the new Colnago  Lee De Gray was out on. They seem to be everywhere at the moment.

Lee was most upset when I found a wet muddy patch of lane on the return journey. I tried to explain to him that the Paris Roubaix 

didn't stop at the end of the Arenberg Forest to clean down the bikes.

Just a small selection of goodies.

2mcc4nt.jpg

kar0ir.jpg

20iyr7d.jpg

x36efa.jpg

After cleaning the plates and emptying the mugs we set of on a climbing return leg home.

We started the return by climbing back to Button Bridge via the Bridgenorth road direction.

While heading for Bewdley we turned left just after Button Oak and descended to Arley where we crossed the

River Seven on the footbridge. Climbing from there up to Shatterford before taking the afore mentioned muddy

lane to Kinver. After more climbing we eventually parted company at Chaddesley Corbett which just left me

Dayhouse Bank to finish the day off.

Great ride again good group sun out to finish roll on summer.

Well done to Tim should see him joining the As more.   

Present  Speedy, Alec, Owen H, Mick H, Lee De,Tim & the man behind the camera.

Archived