CLUB RUN Sunday 14th Feb.

Mick Hazlewood

Destination for this Sundays ride Lavender Hall Fisheries,  Balsall Common.

Dependant on the weather we can take a long or short route but we can look forward to good food when we get there.

9.30 at the Forrest, but can I suggest we delay the start maybe by half an hour to allow for the cold weather and roads to be safer. Watch the forum for updates on Sunday morning and before.

I'll make my way to Tardebigge for 10 to head for Hillers with the B run.

If I'm late don't wait I'll either meet you on the road or at the cafe.

Be particularly vigilant on the way as it will drop below freezing during the night outside the towns and city and there could well still be patches of ice 

Saracen "A" ride Sunday 14th Feb 2016

From Kev's POV....

t99ul1.jpg

83 lumpy miles...

25u2mvl.png

max HR 196...

Gears         Frame           Mudguards           Puncture           Grub type

M.Halzewood                  20              Carbon              rattly                    no               sausage/bacon sandwich

O. Halzewood                 11              Steel                  no                       no                bacon/beans         

L. de Gray                       11             ally                   ass saver               2                egg/bacon sandwich

A.Wright                         18              ally                   yep                       no             egg/bacon sandwich

D.Cunningham              22              ally                  rattly                      no              beans on white toast

K.Sargent                       1                ally                   yep                      nope          beans on brown toast

C.Pardoe                       20ish         ally ??               yep                     nope         scoffed his food by the time                                                                                                                                                         we arrived...

I was a late starter so hightailed it down to the cafe and just got there as B run were packing up and readying to hit the road.

I did however stay a spell in the company of Dave Mitchel and Chris Kent whereupon we put the world to rights.

Today's B Run contingent consisted of

John Shelley

Tim Brueton

Pete Cooper

Moira Blackburn

Bev Abbots

Kevin Rogers

Sean Barker

Mick McClure

Hannah Smith

David Mitchell 

Saracen "A" ride Sunday 14th Feb 2016

From Kev's POV....

t99ul1.jpg

83 lumpy miles...

25u2mvl.png

max HR 196...

Gears         Frame           Mudguards           Puncture           Grub type

M.Halzewood                  20              Carbon              rattly                    no               sausage/bacon sandwich

O. Halzewood                 11              Steel                  no                       no                bacon/beans         

L. de Gray                       11             ally                   ass saver               2                egg/bacon sandwich

A.Wright                         18              ally                   yep                       no             egg/bacon sandwich

D.Cunningham              22              ally                  rattly                      no              beans on white toast

K.Sargent                       1                ally                   yep                      nope          beans on brown toast

C.Pardoe                       20ish         ally ??               yep                     nope         scoffed his food by the time we arrived...

you sir !! Are a legend ! 

1 man ..

1 gear ..

1 goal.. Home ! 

Cant quite quote what it was you shouted as we split .. All I know is it was hilarious ! 

Great ride today ! Really enjoyed it ! 

De Gray & the Hazelwood duo's efforts on the outward journey was impressive ! 

Another cold but bright day.

Wind north easterly Garmin down to 1.5 wind chill makes it feel much colder.

Set out to meet the 'A's at Lavender Hall.

Start 9:50 ish head out to Solihull, Coventry, Tile Hill and Kennelworth.

Arrive at Fisheries 11:45 no signs of the group.

Order tea and toast think about which way to return home alone.

12 oclock they turn up at least a few wheels to follow back.

2i70en8.jpg

elcep5.jpg

A few empty plates as usual.

A good ride back via 5 ways Claverdon, Baddersley Clinton and Earlswood mainly wind assisted.

Archived