AVIVA TOUR RIDE 4/10/15 ride report

AVIVA TOUR RIDE

4/10/2015 100M

14df2c4.jpg

the start area at 8am... 8 degrees.... bbbrrr

The road was actually closed, specifically for the Aviva tour ride start, and there was an announcer, an inflatable start gate, electronic timing chips, it was great!!

About a 1000 odd people all fed into the start funnel to be set off in manageable groups, to take on either 40m, 75m or 100m routes.

It was cold, but  I was well wrapped up against the elements 157ysy1.jpg. The start air horn misfired, but we all got underway...

The first 50 miles of the event are pretty harsh!!  

and there's a lot of carbon on show today....        15d3uxj.jpg

As usual alliances are formed and broken on the road, I seem to go uphill OK, but descend like a wet flannel.... maybe I'm just cautious???...

There's a feed station on top of the Malverns that I miss the sign for, so carry on any way.

I hook up with two Team WNT ladies, who take selfies, and are making it too way too easy...

23mof7n.jpg Team WNT push on at the feed station in Pershore, I have to stop, to re hydrate, the weather has warmed up to the high teens, I'm now totally over dressed!!! 33m to go...

We lurch our way around the Lenches, take a weird trip through the cobbles of Droitwich, go slightly off course in Fernhill Heath, but make to the finishing funnel, complete with 300m, 200m, 100m to go banners, and the same announcer shouting something, I do raise my arms aloft as I cross the line, a cheer goes up...

bhkp3n.jpg  queue for the medal...

2j30akh.jpg  queue for the burger van...

100 miles

1967m ascent

46/225 starters

• 3 weeks later...

Archived